Hurray! Today I landed my first "professional" job at NDMOA. I am thrilled! My first interview with the director went great. There were 60 applicants and 12 interviewees. 6 were called for follow-up interviews with the staff. This part was tough - lots and lots of questions and not the typical "interview" ones :) I wasn't sure how it went. I mean... I really wanted the position, but I couldn't gauge what everyone thought of me. I was pretty down and blue when I got home. T took me out for dinner (new place in EGF, Little Bangkok) and ice cream (Culvers, had a coupon and had never tried their concrete mixers). The director left me a voicemail tonight at 5pm which I got at about 7:15. She said it was a unanimous decision. Hurray! I really had no idea, so this was a wonderful surprise. Even the girls knew something good had happened; they were all smiles. To celebrate we went for a long walk around the block in the nice (finally!) weather. They deserved it after a long day inside.

In other news, we got our outside faucet fixed and a pump connected to the central air to get rid of the excess water. We forgot to unhook our hose before the first freeze last fall and the pipe "burst" inside (don't worry, no water or damages). But after paying for the fix, we've learned our lesson :)

I bought bulbs at the store this week and hope to plant them next week or weekend. Dahlias! Very excited for these beauties. I also started some seeds inside that should be ready in 6-8 weeks for the outdoors. It's only been 3 days and they have sprouted :) I'm determined to have a beautiful yard/garden this summer. Last year we moved in too late to do too much.

Can't wait for the weekend. Heading to the hometown for some much needed R&R with the girls. I should be done with my scholarly project/thesis by Thursday, so I'll be free to destress a bit. Oh wow. It's 10pm and I'm exhausted! Nighty night.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.